There’s many ways we’ve made the pub safe for our guests and team, and have complied with the Government guidance on managing risk, which you can see here.
Stay safe when visiting us. Following the new Tier 2 guidelines, we will only be taking bookings indoors from single households, and if you’re joining us for an alcoholic drink (or two), you will need to enjoy a delicious dish from our main menu. Outdoors, it’s the rule of six from any number of households. Please keep your distance from others not in your group and do not mingle with other guests when at the pub. Wash your hands regularly and remember to postpone your booking if you have any COVID symptoms.
We will continue to adjust, and need your support. Your feedback is important, so please talk to us. If you have any questions on anything we’re doing, email us: email@example.com
As we maintain social distancing between eatery and bar tables, availability will be more limited, we encourage diners to book in advance. Please arrive promptly for your reservation and be aware of the duration your table is booked for, as your table may have a second sitting. Should your plans change and you cannot make your reservation please let us know. We request that all guests respect the current guidelines on party bookings and small gatherings, and must be compliant at all times. Currently, we will only be taking bookings indoors from single households, and if you're joining us for an alcoholic drink (or two), you will need to enjoy a delicious dish from our main menu. Outdoors, it's the rule of six from any number of households.
In busy periods, we can't guarantee a table, once we're full, we're full. If you are outside, and it rains, please be aware we may not be able to accommodate you inside.
In line with Government guidance, for any guests joining us who have not booked, we will require contact details of one member of your party. This will help reduce the risk of a local outbreak of coronavirus, and we will only share them with NHS Test and Trace, if asked, in the event of a fellow customer testing positive for coronavirus. If at any point you begin to feel unwell and show any Covid-19 symptoms, please postpone your visit until a later date.
We know how much everyone loves alfresco dining and drinking, and our outside space is the perfect spot for a drink or bite to eat. In the colder months wrap up and get cosy under our stretch tent. We’ve made it easy to order on mobile, and we’ll always have space for walk-ins so just pop down. We urge all guests to be respectful of the guidelines, and maintain social distancing. See you soon!
In the interest of safety for all our guests and team, we will no longer accept cash. We request guests pay by card at all times, and handle the PDQ device. We will thoroughly sanitise the machine between use. If using 'order on mobile', your payment will be made online through our payment service, Preoday.
As we can no longer take orders at the bar, our outside and bar areas will be table service only. To make it as easy as possible to order drinks and deli items when in the bar, you can now 'order on mobile'. There will be cards in the pub explaining how to order, or find out more use the tab in the menu bar above. Our full food menu will be available to order with one of the team.
To make your visit is as welcoming as possible, you will notice new signage around the pub, helping direct you during your visit. Do talk to us if you're ensure on anything. We encourage guests to follow the Government guidance on group gatherings and social distancing, and respect other guests and our team. Please follow strict hygiene routines when in the pub and follow our Peachy guidelines.
The safety of our guests and team is of the upmost importance to us, and we have complied with the Government guidance to manage the risk of Covid-19. The six steps include:
• Carrying out risk assessments and sharing with the team
• Having cleaning, hand-washing and hygiene procedures in line with guidance
• Taking reasonable steps to maintain guidance distance, and where this isn't viable, have added extra measures to manage transmission risk
• Checking team are fit for work daily, with anyone with symptoms being asked to self-isolate and get tested
• Introducing cashless payments only and order on mobile technology
• Introducing a new service process with a designated host on each shift
We will continue to focus on delivering great hospitality, whilst maintaining safety for all our guests and team. We will continue our extremely high hygiene and safety standards, as well as adding additional measures.
• Team temperatures will be taken at the start of each shift
• Sanitiser stations at the entrance, and around the pub
• Recorded hand washing of team throughout shifts
• Continuous cleaning of touch points, tables and chairs
• Covid training for all team before returning to work
• Correctly spaced tables (1m+) in accordance with Government guidelines
• Table service in the bar with the ability to 'order on mobile'
• Queue plans for outside bars
• Protective screens to assist with distancing
• Laminated food menus, and drinks lists will be sanitised between each use
• We will ensure group bookings are following guidelines on party sizes
• Card payments only